The Lafayette Fire Company has Live – In Opportunities available and is looking to fill (2) Live – In Dorms with the right candidates.
Who we are:
The LFC is located 2 miles east of the City of Lancaster PA and is one of four fire companies which reside in East Lampeter Township. We are an all volunteer organization which has been in existence since 1943. We cover a very diverse area covering portions of East Lampeter and Lancaster Townships on a first due basis as well as several additional municipalities through mutual and automatic aid. Our first due area is very busy with the local tourist industry and includes unique challenges such as limited access highways, numerous hotels, an amusement park, schools, numerous factory outlet complexes, a large industrial park, commuter and freight railroad, as well as urban high density housing and farmland all wrapped into a 15 square mile area. We pride ourselves on having a well maintained fleet of state of the art apparatus and facility. The LFC is a progressive organization that answers 600-650 calls for service, annually. With our first due actively growing, the demand for our service increases by the year.
– PA Essentials of Firefighting MODS 1-4
– Hazardous Materials Operations
– NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800
– Vehicle Rescue Technician or equivalent
– Current First Aid, CPR, AED Certification
– Infectious Control, Bloodborne Pathogens Class
– Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
The following are preferred:
– Firefighter I certification (NFPA 1001)
– Pump Operations
– EVOC – Emergency Vehicle Operators Course
– Water Rescue Operations
– Other levels of training will be considered at the time of application
Live-In members must achieve the Lafayette Training Levels Book “Black Level” within (6) months of moving in.
Anyone interested in these positions should apply within to be considered for an interview.